The opportunity to buy this type of property only comes once in a lifetime. This beautiful Circa 1890 home is an original Dairy Manager's cottage for the Macarthur Family and their new creamery in 1898 (however not heritage listed). Exuding charm and character throughout, this home has been lovingly restored yet still retaining a lot of the original features with horsehair ceilings, heritage brickwork, floorboards and fireplaces.
- 3 spacious bedrooms with built-in robes to all and original fireplace to main
- Separate lounge and dining rooms with original fireplaces to both
- Modern country styled kitchen with butler's sink, stone bench tops and Falcon stove
- Stunning renovated bathroom with claw foot bath to soak in, double sink, corner shower and beautiful leadlight window
- High ceilings with ornate cornices
- Timber floorboards and new carpet to bedrooms
- Plantation shutters and ducted air conditioning throughout
- Huge covered alfresco, great for all year round entertainment
- Storeroom, barn shed and large rear yard with garden beds and chicken coop
This home is situated on a 692sqm block located in the village of Menangle – the birthplace of agriculture. This property is perfect for someone wanting to live in a piece of Macarthur's history.
Menangle was established by James and William Macarthur as a showcase of Australian agriculture and was modelled on the typical English villages, includes 2 historical churches within walking distance for the locals together with The Corner Store and train station.
Today, with the latest Mirvac development over the old dairy site, as well as in Menangle Park, this is a highly desired dress circle location with future development to facilitate the residents. With land sales at approximately $1,300 per square metre, this property represents excellent value.
DISTANCE TO AMENITIES:
- 90m to The Corner Store
- 500m to Menangle railway station
- 3.9km to preschool
- 5kms to Broughton Anglican College
- 7.1kms to Douglas Park Public School
- 9.4kms to Macarthur Square Shopping Centre
- 16kms to Hume Highway access ramps
Please contact your local agent, Gary Luke, on 0418 451 105 for all enquiries
**DISCLAIMER: Richardson & Wrench Campbelltown and Ingleburn has made every effort to obtain the information regarding these listings from sources deemed reliable. However we cannot warrant the complete accuracy thereof subject to errors, omissions, change of price, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Interested parties must rely on their own enquiries. **- Land area - 692 sqm (approx)